Last Modified Date: 18 Jan 2019
- Tableau Server
- Flat files: .xlsx, .csv, .txt, etc. published to Tableau Server as a live connection
AnswerWhile it is not possible to see the UNC path on Tableau Server, it is possible to find the UNC path using the following steps:
- Download the published data source or a workbook that uses the published data source.
- Launch Tableau Desktop.
- Open the published data source or workbook.
- Navigate to the "Data Source" tab.
- Right-click on the data source name and click "Edit Connection"
- The file navigator will lead you right into the directory where the UNC path points, and you will be able to see the directory/file path in the folder navigator at the top.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials