Last Modified Date: 14 Mar 2020
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Server
AnswerConnect to the computer running Tableau Desktop or Tableau Server remotely.
- On the computer running Tableau Desktop, open the Command Prompt window as an administrator and run one of the following commands:
- Use the instructions described in this article: Providing License Data to Tableau Support
- Choose Tableau Server on Windows / Linux or Tableau Desktop on Windows / Mac.
- Note: later versions of Tableau Server do not need to go to any particular location to run the
- Use the bin directory for early versions of Tableau Server (2018.1 and earlier) and all versions of Tableau Desktop and Tableau Prep Builder.
- At the command prompt, run the following from the command line:
Note: There are usually several product keys listed due to the nature of additional maintenance or subscription keys and the fact that the output is historical and will include previous keys. Please check the Tableau Customer Portal if there is any doubt about what key should be activated.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials