Last Modified Date: 17 Dec 2019
- Tableau Desktop
- Blended Data
AnswerThis example uses Superstore sample data and can be reviewed in the attached packaged workbook.
- In the secondary data source, there should be a orange chain icon indicating the field is linked. If it's not currently visible, click the blue broken chain icon to blend the data.
- In the secondary data source, add 'Order ID' to Filters.
- Select Null
- Select Exclude
- Press OK
- Create a Calculated Field called "Data source filter" using the following formula (Note: the name of the field from the secondary data source will contain the data source name in the formula):
IF ATTR([Order ID]) = ATTR([Returns (Sample - Superstore)].[Order ID]) THEN 'Same' ELSE 'Different' END
- Drag both the "Order ID" fields from the primary and the secondary data sources and place them next to each other on Rows
- Drag the newly created field to Filters and select Same.
Additional InformationTo view the above steps in action, see the video below.
Note: the video has no sound. To view the video in higher quality, click the YouTube icon below to watch it on YouTube directly.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials