Last Modified Date: 20 Dec 2019
Use a dashboard action. This example has a few sheets, a map view and detail views, and hides the detail views until a selection is made on the map view.
- Arrange the Map and detail sheets on a dashboard.
- Select Dashboard > Actions
- Click the Add Action button, and select Filter.
- Under Run action on, click Select.
- Choose Map for the source sheet and the sheet(s) you wish to hide for the target sheet.
- Under Clearing the selection will, select Exclude all values.
- Click OK to close each dialog box.
- (Optional) Right click the title of the hidden sheets, and select Hide Title.
Option 2As a workaround, use the Button Toggle feature that was introduced to Tableau Desktop 2019.2. For more information about this feature, see Show and hide floating containers by clicking a button in Tableau Help.
To take advantage of this feature, upgrade to Tableau Desktop 2019.2 or a newer version. See Tableau Desktop Downloads and Release Notes for downloads of current and previous versions of Tableau Desktop. For more information on current releases, see Upgrade Tableau Desktop and Desktop Upgrade.
Additional InformationTo view Option 1 in action, see the video below:
Note: the video has no sound
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials