Last Modified Date: 05 Oct 2018
AnswerThe following instructions can be reviewed in the workbook attached below.
- Select Analysis > Create Calculated Field with a formula similar to the following:
INDEX() <= INT(SIZE()/5)
- Place the calculated field onto the Filters shelf and select True.
Note: Dividing by 5 will give the top 20 percent. This number can be adjusted to achieve the desired percentage.
- Create a parameter Top N% as a float between 0 and 1, step size 0.01. Optionally, format the display format to 'Percentage'
- Create a calculated field 'Top N percent' that returns the n-th percentile value of the data set:
- Create a calculated field 'Top N Filter' that filters out the Top N percent:
- [Sales] <= [Top N Percent]
- Use the field 'Top N filter' on the Filters shelf, selecting only 'True'.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials