Last Modified Date: 30 Jul 2020
- Tableau Desktop
- In the Data pane, right-click the field to be formatted and select Duplicate.
- Place the original field on the Rows or Columns shelf.
- Place the copied field on the Text shelf.
- Navigate to Worksheet > Tooltip.
- Edit the tooltip to display the copied field in the Tooltip dialog box.
- Right-click the view and select Format.
- Use the Fields drop-down menu in the top right of the Format pane to select the desired field.
- Format the original field in the Axis tab to display no decimals.
- Format the copied field in the Pane tab to display two decimals.
Additional InformationIn Tableau Desktop, the ability to display different axis and tooltip formats is currently not built in the product. To voice your support for the inclusion of this feature request in a future product release, add your vote to the following Community Idea: Separate axis and tooltip formats.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials