Last Modified Date: 08 Jul 2022
- Tableau Desktop
AnswerBelow is an example of tagging the Product Name field of the Sample - Superstore data with specific characters.
1. Prepare the characters you want to use as tags in a separate table.
2. Connect to the Sample - Superstore and drag the Orders table to the canvas.
3. Add a connection to the Tags table and drop it on the canvas.
4. Create a calculation such as "1 = 1" as join clauses to cross-join tables.
5. Create a calculated field in a new worksheet and name it Tags.
IF CONTAINS([Product Name], [Characters]) THEN [Characters] ENDIf the characters used as tags are case-insensitive, enter the formula as follows:
IF CONTAINS(LOWER([Product Name]), LOWER([Characters])) THEN [Characters] END
6. Add Product Name and Tags fields to the Rows shelf.
7. Add the Tags field to the Filters card and uncheck NULL.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials