Last Modified Date: 29 Mar 2018
- Open Tableau Desktop and connect to a data source.
- Drag the desired dimension to Text on the Marks card.
- Drag the same dimension to Size on the Marks card.
- Right-click on the dimension on the Size card and select Measure > Count.
- If necessary, change the Mark type from Automatic to Text.
- To add color, drag the same dimension to Color on the Marks card.
Additional InformationTo view these steps in action, see the video below:
Note: Text may be cut off if there is not enough space for the text. To help avoid text being cut off, consider the following tips:
- Do not manually set a font size for either the worksheet or the workbook level
- If a font size has been set for the workbook, reduce the worksheet font size
- Select "Entire View" for the fit
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials