Last Modified Date: 18 May 2020
AnswerThe attached example workbook uses the sample data set Superstore to demonstrate the following directions:
- Right-click "Sales" in the data pane and select Create > Bins…
- In the "Create Bins" dialog, change the field name or bin size if desired and click OK
- Note, this method works even if the bins are different sizes.
- Right-click "Sales (bin)" in the data pane and select Convert to Continuous.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for the "Profit" measure.
- Drag "Sales (bin)" and "Profit (bin)" to the Columns shelf.
- Drag "Number of Records" to the Rows shelf.
- Right-click "Profit (bin)" on the Columns shelf and select Dual Axis.
- Right-click either axis in the view (either above or below the bar charts) and select Synchronize Axis.
- There will be three marks cards: All, Sales (bin), and Profit (bin).
- Click "All" to select the marks cards that will affect both Sales (bin) and Profit (bin).
- (Optional) Edit the Axis as desired.
- Drag "Measure Names" off of the All marks card.
- Click Color and in the dropdown menu, slide the Opacity bar to less than 100%.
- Click the Sales (bin) marks card
- Click Color and select any non-blue color (so that Sales (bin) looks different than Profit (bin)).
Additional InformationTo view the above steps in action, see the video below.
Note: the video has no sound.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials