Last Modified Date: 20 Jan 2019
- Tableau Online
- File-based data source
Point the workbook to published versions of the data source extracts
- Publish each of the data extracts in the workbook to Tableau Online (as a data source):
- Right-click each extract.
- Select Publish to Server.
- Connect to the published versions of the extracts:
- Select Data then Connect to Data....
- Select Tableau Server.
- Select the published data source.
- Replace the local data extract with the published version:
- In the worksheet that utilizes the local extract, right-click the local extract (which has a check mark).
- Select Replace Data Source....
- Replace the local extract with the published version.
- Close each of the local copies.
- Publish the workbook to Tableau Online.
Refresh the workbook extracts
- Open Tableau Desktop, select Server and then Open Workbook....
- Select the published the workbook.
- Right-click the published data source and select Tableau Data Server > Refresh from Source....
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials