Last Modified Date: 10 Dec 2020
Step 1: Install and Configure R and Rserve
Install R and run the Rserve service. For more information on installing and configuring R, see R Implementation Notes.
To support running both SSL-enabled and plaintext connections to an Rserve instance, the Rserve Server administrator must add the following entry to the Rserve configuration file on the Rserve Server:
Note: It is not recommended to install any other server applications or databases, including R, on the computers running Tableau Server. When R is not installed on the computer running Tableau Server, it must be configured for a remote connection.
Step 2: Configure Tableau Server
Tableau Server (Windows & Linux):
- Open TSM command line/shell.
- Enter the following command to configure the connection to Rserve:
tsm security vizql-extsvc-ssl enable --connection-type [rserve, rserve-secure] --extsvc-host <host_name> --extsvc-port <port>
- Apply Pending Changes (Tableau Server will restart)
tsm pending-changes apply
Tableau Server 2020.1 and later (Windows and Linux):See
- Configure Connection with Analytics Extensions (Windows)
- Configure Connection with Analytics Extensions (Linux)
More information can be found in the following article:
Discuss this article...