Last Modified Date: 06 Apr 2023
- Tableau Desktop
- Delete the Tableau Desktop application from the Applications folder.
- Delete My Tableau Repository from your Documents folder. Be sure to preserve any user-created files. As an alternative to deleting My Tableau Repository, it can also be renamed. For example: "My Tableau Repository Backup".
- Delete all files whose names begin with "com.tableau" from Preferences in the Library folder.
- Delete all folders whose names begin with "com.tableau" from Saved Application State in the Library folder.
- Some folders are hidden on the Mac. To navigate to hidden folders:
- In Finder, select Go > Go To Folder... (CMD-SHIFT-G).
- In dialog box, type the folder name such as
~is a shortcut for the current user's Home directory, located at /Users/[username]. If Tableau Desktop is used by multiple users on the affected computer, steps 2-4 from above should be repeated for each user.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall Program.
- Right-click Tableau Desktop in the list of programs and select Uninstall.
- Via File Explorer or a Windows command prompt, navigate to the file location C:/Program Files/Tableau in order to complete the next step.
- Delete the "Tableau <Version>" folder for the version of Tableau Desktop to be removed.
Additional InformationFor more information on the mfc140u.dll error on reinstallation, please see this Community post to repair the program from Control Panel.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials