Last Modified Date: 21 Jul 2020
AnswerUse the plus sign (+) operator to combine two string fields:
- Go to Analysis > Create Calculated Field.
- Name the calculated field and enter the following formula:
[String1] + [String2]
- Click OK.
- Using a plus sign (+) combines two string fields together ("abc"+ "def" = "abcdef").
- If a space is needed between the two fields, modify the above formula "abc" + " " + "def" = "abc def"
- Any required punctuation (e.g. comma) may be added into the formula as needed.
- Concatenating with a NULL value results in NULL. "abc" + NULL = NULL.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials