Last Modified Date: 30 Nov 2021
- Tableau Desktop
AnswerUsing the "Sort Order" option in the table calculation editing window, follow the steps below:
- Rank [Sub-Category] by sum of [Profit] like the table displayed on worksheet [Sheet1].
- Displays the rank value calculated based on the sum of sales as [SalesRank].
- Calculate the running sum of [Profit] in the order of [SalesRank].
- Create a calculation field [RunningSumofProfit] RUNNING_SUM(SUM([Profit]))
- Add [RunningSumofProfit] into the view and right click on it > click [Edit Table Calculation.
- Select Specific Dimensions and click on the "Sort Order" pulldown list below.
- Select "Sales" as aggregation object , "Sum" as aggregation method and "Descend" as sort method.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials