Last Modified Date: 03 Dec 2020
AnswerThe result of the below instructions can be reviewed in the attached sample workbook.
- Create a calculated field with the formula:SUM([Measure])/TOTAL(SUM([Measure]))
- Place the calculated field on Tooltip.
- Right-click the calculated field on the Marks card and select Edit Table Calculation.
- Compute using > Specific Dimensions
- Check the boxes next to "Project Num" and then "Budget Center Num". Uncheck other boxes.
- For Sort Order, select Custom > [Measure] > Ascending.
- Right click the calculated field and select Format.
- In the Format panel, select the Pane tab.
- Select Numbers > Percentage.
- Set Decimal Places to 2.
- Edit the Tooltip as desired.
Additional InformationFor additional details and help about Sankey Diagrams, see the following external posts and third party content:
- Newest Blog by Tableau Zen Master Ken Flerlage: Equal-Width Sankey: A New Approach to Drawing Sankey Curves
- More Sankey Templates: Multi-Level, Traceable, Gradient, and More!! (Zen Master Blog)
- Sankey diagram made of dynamically generated polygons on the Tableau Community Forums
- Decision trees, flow diagrams, sankeys in Tableau... here is a solution !!! on the Tableau Community Forums
- SANKEY DIAGRAM TABLEAU on YouTube (by third party SuperDataScience - Tableau and Data Visualisation)
- How to create a Sankey chart. (The Data School, third party)
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials