Last Modified Date: 27 Jul 2018
AnswerUse the following steps to calculate the percent of total for the Sales Furniture, Sales Office Supplies, and Sales Technology measure fields:
- Select Analysis > Create Calculated Field.
- Name the calculation. In the example workbook, the calculation is named "Sales % Furniture".
- In the formula field, create a calculated field similar to the following and click OK:
SUM( [Sales Furniture] ) / SUM( [Sales] )
- Repeat steps 1-3 for each new percentage.
- Create a new worksheet to display the percentage measures. In the example workbook, this worksheet is named "%Measures".
- Make a new dashboard (Dashboard > New) and drag the Measures and %Measures worksheets onto the view side by side.
Note: Video is silent.
Additional InformationMeasure Names cannot be referenced in calculated fields.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials