Last Modified Date: 20 Aug 2018
If a filter card is already shown on a worksheet before it is added to the dashboard, then the filter card will automatically be added to the dashboard as well. If the worksheet has already been added to the dashboard, then do the following:
9.2 and later versions
- Click on the sheet in the dashboard
- In the upper right of the layout container, there is an arrow, a funnel, and a "x". Select the arrow.
- Select Filters > <filter field>
- On the dashboard, click the drop-down arrow on the sheet that contains the quick filter.
- Select Quick Filters > <filter field>
- Use one of the above methods to add the filter to the Default layout. Tableau Desktop will automatically add the filter to all device layouts if no modifications have been made to the device layout separate from the default layout.
- In the left-hand Dashboard pane, under Layout drag the desired filter from the list of all possible filters into the view.
Additional InformationTo view the steps of the first option in action, see the video below:
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials