Last Modified Date: 09 Jan 2019
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Server
AnswerEmbedding videos into dashboards is not tested or supported by Tableau. However, the below steps might allow you to embed a video in a dashboard:
- Copy the embed URL for the video. If your video is on YouTube, the URL should look similar to the following: //www.youtube.com/embed/<text>.
- In Tableau Desktop, open the dashboard.
- On the Side Bar, double-click Web Page.
- In the Edit URL dialog box, paste the embed code, change /embed/ to /v/ as follows:
//www.youtube.com/v/<text>and click OK.
- (Optional) Publish the dashboard to Tableau Server. For more information, see Publishing Workbooks.
Alternatively, you can link to the video using a URL action in the dashboard. For more information, see URL Actions.
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials