Tableau Content Migration Tool Is Unable To Save Embedded Passwords Without Additional Steps
Published: 05 Apr 2021
Last Modified Date: 06 Apr 2021
QuestionTableau Content Migration Tool is unable to save embedded passwords without additional steps.
How do I update my password without multiple steps with the Tableau Migration Content Tool?
- Tableau Content Migration Tool
- Open Tableau Content Migration Tool.
- Connect to the Desired Servers for Source and Destination.
- Go to Selection and pick the desired workbook.
- Go to Workbooks / Data Source Transformations.
- Add Transformation - Set Connection Info and Edit.
- Select the Connection Type then go to "New Connection Values" tab.
- From the Drop-down for Tableau Authentication, select "Embedded Password".
- Input the username and password to their respective fields.
- Go to Run Migration - Save Plan and Run.
Additional InformationAdditionally, you can update the Schema among other options within this step.