Show Full Month Date on Axis W/O Actual Data in Data Source
Published: 15 Jul 2021 Last Modified Date: 19 Jul 2021
Assume there are only data from 7/1~7/5 in July included in data source. How to extend the date range to 7/31 on axis.
Option 1 change the date field to continuous type and edit the axis manually
1. set the day as continuous date type
2. edit the axis and type in the date range. (1) right click axis and click "edit axis"
2. under ]General]>[Range]>[Fixed], type in the range manually.
Option 2 remain the date field as discreate field and show non-exist date on axis ※Please see attached video Option2.mp4 for more details. 1. create a calculation field to show non-exist data eg: LOOKUP(ZN(SUM([Value])),0) *For further explanation, see Option 3 in the following article https://kb.tableau.com/articles/howto/populate-empty-cells-in-a-text-table-with-zeroes-or-existing-data
2. change the [date] field on column shelf as continuous type temporary.
3. right click on [date] field on column shelf and click [Extend data range]>[Custom] and change the range.
4. change the [date] field on column shelf as discrete date again.
Please see attached sample workbook "Show Full Month Date.twbx" for more details.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.