How to run an MSInfo report
Published: 27 Feb 2020
Last Modified Date: 29 May 2020
QuestionHow to collect MSInfo report.
Sometimes the Windows system environment information is needed for investigating the issue in addition to the product logs.
FIND AND SAVE YOUR MSINFO
- Open a Run command box by pressing the Windows key and R key at the same time.
- You can also do this by searching "Run" in your Start menu's search bar.
- In the Run window's dialog box, type msinfo32 and click OK.
- When the System Information window opens, give it a moment to pull information from your system. You’ll know it’s done when you click through the menus on the left and see information for each of them.
- Click File, then Save...
- Name your file something simple, like your PC name, and make sure it’s saved as a System Information (.NFO) file.
- Save the exported file somewhere you can easily find it, like your Desktop or your My Documents folder.
- It can take a minute or two for the file to export and save.