Last Modified Date: 19 Jul 2021
- Tableau Desktop 2020.3 and above
- Create a calculated field named Apply which contains the following:
- Create a new sheet and name it Apply button.
- Add Apply to Rows.
- Change mark type to Polygon.
- Right click the header and select Hide Field Labels for Rows.
- Create another worksheet calls Set
- Right click the dimensions you want to filter, select Create > Set. The attached example workbook uses Category and Sub-Category from the Superstore sample data source.
- Add Category Set and Sub-Category Set to filters.
- Right click Category Set and Sub-Category Set, select Show Set
- Create a calculated field named Selected Set
if [Category Set] and [Sub-Category Set] then "Apply" END
- Create a parameter Parameter_Apply with the List of values: Apply, All
- Create a calculated field named Filter
[Parameter_Apply]=[Selected Set] or [Parameter_Apply]="All"
- Add Filter to the Filters card of the original worksheet, select "True".
- Create a dashboard, add worksheets Sheet 1, Apply, Set to the dashboard.
- Select Dashboard > Actions and choose the following options:
- Select Change Parameter Action
- Select "Apply" for Source Sheets
- Select Parameter "Parameter_Apply"
- Select Field: Apply, Aggregation: None
- Select Set value to: All
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials