Last Modified Date: 08 Jan 2019
AnswerStarting with Tableau Server 9.0, the Cache Server can be "warmed" with data using the Subscription function. Triggering a subscription email that includes a thumbnail after executing an extract refresh will cause the queries to run for the viz and load into the external query cache.
Example Use Case Scenario: A user wants a fast-loading view for an 8 AM meeting.
- Tableau Administrator schedules an extract refresh at 2 AM.
- Tableau Administrator schedules a subscription email at 5 AM.
- User loads workbook quickly from stored cache at 8 AM.
Additional InformationFor more information about Cache Views, see the Tableau Server 9.0 Scalability: Powering Self Service Analytics at Scale White Paper.
Starting from Tableau Server 10.3 and later versions, the cache warming is built in. For more information, see the following documentation:
- Automatic query caching after extract refreshes
- Configure Workbook Performance after a Scheduled Refresh
Discuss this article...
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials