"Verifying Tableau" Message Persists and Install Does Not Complete
Published: 12 Jan 2016
Last Modified Date: 03 Jan 2018
IssueWhen installing Tableau Desktop on a Mac, the below message displays, and install does not complete:
Option 1 - Open Tableau Desktop with full permissions.
- Right-click (or Control-click) Tableau Desktop and choose Open
- When the "Are you sure you want to open it?" warning displays, choose Open again.
Option 2 - Open the installation package from inside the installer tool
- From the Finder in Mac OS X, hit Command + Shift + G and enter the following path: /System/Library/CoreServices/
- Locate the app named “Installer.app” from this directory and launch it directly
- Navigate to the .pkg file that is stuck on verifying and select to open it.
CauseMac OS X Gatekeeper is preventing Tableau Desktop from launching.
Additional InformationIf no "Open" option is available, go to System Preferences to change the Gatekeeper options.
For more information about the Gatekeeper, see OS X: About Gatekeeper