Last Modified Date: 19 Nov 2015
- Tableau Desktop 8.2 and later
- Microsoft Excel
- Text Files
- From the Home page select Connect to Data.
- Select Microsoft Excel.
- In the Open dialog box, select the desired Excel file.
- Click the down arrow next to the Open button in the dialog box and select Open with Legacy Connection.
- On the left hand side of the Data pane, click New Custom SQL.
CauseThe ability to create a data connection with custom SQL to a flat data source is functionality that is not currently built into the product.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials