Last Modified Date: 20 Jun 2017
- Tableau Server
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Server data sources (published data connections)
In order to successfully edit the published data source, make a local copy of the published data connection before creating the data source filters.
- If not already connected to the data source, from Tableau Desktop select Data > Connect to Data, choose Tableau Server Data Source, and connect to the published data source. Navigate back to the Sheet view.
- In the Data Pane, right-click the Tableau Server data source and select Make Local Copy.
- Create your desired view and user filter(s). For security, we recommending creating data source filters using the user filter calculation and/or set.
- Publish the workbook to Tableau Server by selecting Server > Publish Workbook.
CauseSuccessfully applying a user filter to a data source requires editing the data source. Published data connections can only be edited by the owner, see Editing a Published Data Source.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials