Last Modified Date: 05 Sep 2017
- Tableau Server
ResolutionUpdate the URL so that it contains the proper format for special characters (such as a backslash code then a comma code for a comma). For example "Smith, John" would be "Smith%5C%2C%20John". The following codes correspond to their relevant special characters:
- %5C = \
- %2C = ,
- %20 = single space character
CauseWhen tabcmd is run from a Windows batch file, % characters will need to be "double" escaped.
Additional InformationMore examples can be found below:
- This url is not formatted:
- URL_Parameters/SalesbyCustomer?Customer Name2=Smith, John
- This command will work in a command prompt, but not a batch file:
- tabcmd export "URL_Parameters/SalesbyCustomer?Customer%20Name2=Smith%5C%2C%20John" --pdf -f "SalesbyCustomer2.pdf"
- When run in a batch file, it will need to have an extra % before each %:
- tabcmd export "URL_Parameters/SalesbyCustomer?Customer%%20Name2=Smith%%5C%%2C%%20John" --pdf -f "SalesbyCustomer2.pdf"
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials