Last Modified Date: 10 Jul 2017
Option 1Upgrade to Tableau Desktop 10.0.2 or 9.3.8. For more information, see Upgrading Tableau Desktop.
Option 2: Manually edit the formula on the field within the filters shelf
- Right click 'Date' in the filters shelf > Edit Filter...
- Select the 'Condition' tab
- Type '[Start Date Replacement]'
- Select OK to apply the changes
Option 3: Create a calculated field
- Select Analysis > Create Calculated Field...
- Name the calculation '!Parameter Update'
- Copy and paste the following formula: [Start Date]
- Upon replacing references, '[Start Date]' will alter to '[Start Date Replacement]'
CauseThis behavior is related to a known defect (ID: 536634) that has been fixed in the recent releases of Tableau Desktop.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials