Last Modified Date: 29 Nov 2016
EnvironmentTableau Desktop 10.0.1
ResolutionIn order to add a specific legend to circles, you will need to create a calculated field and change the Mark type to: Shapes.
- Click Analysis > Create Calculated Field...
- Create a Calculated Field called "Legend" (or a desired name for your legend) using the following formula:
- In the Marks card, select Shape from the drop-down menu
- Place the Calculated Field from step 1 on Shape in the Marks card
- Double-click the Shape field on the Marks card.
- In the dialog box, select a Shape from the drop-down menu and click Assign Palette > OK.
- The legend will be generated on the View.
CauseCircle rather than Shape are being used in the Marks card.
Additional InformationA sample workbook is available in the Attachments section of this article.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials