Last Modified Date: 28 Dec 2016
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Server
Download the data source in order to edit the filters:
- Connect to the published data source.
- Right-click the data source and choose Create Local Copy. Save the .tdsx file in a desired location.
- Right-click the newly created data source (extract) and choose Edit Data Source Filters.
CauseAfter publishing a data source, the data source filter(s) cannot be seen or edited. This provides security by preventing users from seeing or editing the user filters.
- To prevent downloading the data source and viewing/editing data source filters, deny the Download/Web Save As permission when publishing the data source.
- Although the filters are not visible on the published data source, the data is still being filtered.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials