Last Modified Date: 07 Apr 2015
Use any of these three options to free up space on your C drive that was consumed by the map tile cache. Option 1 is the simplest for periodically clearing up space.
Delete map tile .png files from the temporary internet files folder.
- On the computer running Tableau Server, in Windows Explorer, navigate to: C:\Users\<Tableau Server Run As user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows. If the folder does not appear in Windows Explorer, display hidden files, folders, and drives. For more information, see Show hidden files in Windows Help.
- In Windows Explorer, search for .png files, and then delete them from the folder.
Move the temporary Internet files directory for the Run As User account to a different drive that has the space to accommodate them.
- Sign in to the computer running Tableau Server using the Tableau Server Run As User account.
- Stop Tableau Server. For more information, see the tabadmin stop command.
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the General tab, and then under Browsing history, click Settings.
- In the Settings dialog box, click Move Folder, choose a new drive and location for the folder, and then click OK three times.
- Start Tableau Server. For more information, see the tabadmin start command.
Option 3Delete all the files from your temporary Internet files folder.
- Follow the instructions in View or delete temporary Internet files in Internet Explorer 9 in Windows Help. Clear the Preserve Favorites website data option, and select all the other options.