Last Modified Date: 21 Oct 2016
- Tableau Server 10.0.1
- Tableau Desktop
ResolutionNote: The below instructions are intended for an IT professional who is comfortable editing the registry. Make a backup of the registry before you make any changes to it. Serious problems may occur if the registry is modified incorrectly.
- Change http to https in the Tableau Desktop registry entry.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tableau\ReportingServer
- Right click on the registry entry that was created when setting up license reporting.
- Edit the Tableau Server url to use "https://" rather than "http://".
CauseThe "http:// . . ." value within the 'signin_url' variable was causing a redirect.
Additional InformationLogs may contain one or more of the below error messages:
- HTTP Status 405 - Request method 'GET' not supported
- The specified HTTP method is not allowed for the requested resource
- HTTPRequestor::DoWork::HTTPException 405
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials