Tableau Desktop Exits Unexpectedly When Creating Dashboards
Published: 27 Sep 2017
Last Modified Date: 27 Nov 2017
IssueTableau Desktop quits unexpectedly when creating dashboards. This behavior is intermittent.
Additionally, you notice the following behaviors:
- Sheets cannot be selected within a dashboard.
- When placing the cursor on a mark card (such as Detail, Color, etc.) the tooltip persists.
- Tableau Desktop 10.3, 10.4
ResolutionAs a workaround, run Tableau Desktop as an administrator. To run Tableau Desktop by default as administrator:
- Go to C:\Program Files\Tableau\<VERSION>\bin
- Right click on tableau.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Run as an administrator
CauseThese behaviors are related to a known issue with ID 673027 which is currently under investigation. Such behaviors
are also associated with high CPU usage which occasionally leads to the application closing.