Last Modified Date: 14 Dec 2017
- Tableau Online
- Tableau Bridge 10.4.0, 10.4.1, 10.5
ResolutionIf currently using 10.4 or 10.4.1:
Upgrade to 10.4.2.
If currently using 10.5:
This issue will be corrected in Tableau Desktop 10.5.1. When 10.5.1 is available, upgrade to that version to resolve the issue.
As a workaround in the meantime, use the following steps:
1. If Tableau Bridge is currently running on the server, exit the client. Check Windows Task Manager for any still-running "Tableau Online Sync Client" processes and exit any you find.
2. Exit any open Tableau Desktop sessions on the server.
3. Right-click the Tableau Desktop 10.5 icon and choose Run as Administrator.
4. Use Server > Start Tableau Bridge client
5. After the client is open, click Switch to service.
CauseAn issue in Tableau Bridge prevented startup of service mode when not run as administrator.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials