Last Modified Date: 05 Jan 2017
- Tableau Server
- URL parameters
Use one of the following workarounds:
- Replace the special character with the URL encoding sequence for backslash (\) (%5c) followed by the URL encoding sequence for the special character. The backslash is needed to escape the special character. For example, the URL encoding sequence for backslash and comma (\,) is %5c%2c. For more information, see Add Filters to Embed Code.
- In the data source, separate comma-delimited field values into separate columns that can be filtered independently.
- In Tableau Desktop, use a calculated field to replace the special characters, such as commas or spaces, with hyphens (-).
CauseThe browser cannot parse the special characters used in the URL.
- The error varies depending on the browser and special character being used.
- Windows FAQ: Using special characters (Character Map).
- Network Working Group: Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax - 2.2. Reserved Characters.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials