Last Modified Date: 27 Aug 2015
- Tableau Desktop
- Microsoft Access
Option 1Copy the SQL that generates the missing query within Microsoft Access and paste that into the Custom SQL connection to Microsoft Access within Tableau Desktop.
- In Microsoft Access, use the "Alike" function, instead of the "Like" function.
- Use the percent (%) wildcard character instead of the asterisk (*) wildcard character.
- Microsoft Access does not allow connections to union queries, nor does it allow you to create external union queries.
- Known issue relating to the ANSI Query Mode utilized by Microsoft Access.
- Microsoft Access utilizes ADO (ActiveX Data Objects) in the creation of SQL statements with the function "Like" and wildcard "*".
- For more information, see Using the Right Wildcard Characters in SQL Statements in Microsoft Help.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials