Slow Tableau Server Performance When Using Internet Explorer 11 (Specific to Update KB4036586)
Published: 16 Oct 2017
Last Modified Date: 08 Nov 2017
IssueWhen viewing or interacting with a view published on Tableau Server 10 (or a higher version) on Internet Explorer 11 (version 11.09600.18792), you experience slow performance and long loading times (for example, more than 20 seconds).
Additionally, you notice that the slow performance has started since the installation of the Microsoft security update KB4036586.
- Tableau Server 10 and higher versions
- Internet Explorer 11 (11.09600.18792) with Microsoft security update KB4036586
ResolutionWhile our development team is engaging Microsoft regarding a resolution to the issue, the following workarounds are available; however note that they be should only approved and/or performed by your IT team:
In the meantime, please also notify Microsoft by opening a ticket stating that you are experiencing slow performance since installing the latest security patch KB4036586.
- Use a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
- (Not recommended) Uninstall the Microsoft security patch.
CauseThe Tableau development team is currently investigating the issue, it is tracked under ID 703740.
For more information about this specific Microsoft update, see Microsoft Security Update - KB4036586 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.
Additional InformationAdditional environment information:
- Only Internet Explorer is affected by this issue.
- Tableau Server 9 and earlier are not affected by this patch.