Sheet Targeted by Multiple Action Filters Shows Less Data than Expected
Published: 16 Feb 2017
Last Modified Date: 25 Apr 2017
IssueWhen multiple action filters are targeting one worksheet, less data shows than is expected, when you want the worksheet to be filtered by only one action filter at a time.
- Action Filter A filters the target worksheet to show only "apples".
- Action Filter B filters the target worksheet to show only "April", but no apples were sold during April, so the view is blank.
ResolutionEdit each action filter so that it overwrites the filter selections of the other action filters. Depending on the type of action filter that you are using, you may need to:
- Add the filter fields from the other action filter to the source sheet if your action filter set to “All Fields” in the “Target Filters” section.
- Add additional target filters to the “Target Filters” section, if your action filter set to “Selected Fields” in the “Target Filters” section.
- Add the filter fields to the source sheet you get the “missing fields” warning.
Using the scenario (Apples sold in April) described above:
- Add the [Date] field to source worksheet A. When Action Filter A is run, the target worksheet will be filtered to show "apples" and all dates.
- Add [Fruit] to source worksheet B, so that Action Filter B will filter the view to "April" and all fruit.