Last Modified Date: 04 Dec 2015
EnvironmentTableau Server 8.2.0
Upgrade to Tableau Server 8.2.1 or a later version. For more information, see Upgrading Tableau Server in the Tableau Knowledge Base.
Option 2In Windows Services, change the tablicsrv service Startup type to Automatic.
- Click the Windows Start button, and then type services.msc into the search box.
- Right-click services.msc, and select Run as Administrator.
- In the Services dialog box, double-click tablicsrv.
- On the General tab, in Startup type, select Automatic, and then click OK and close the Services dialog box.
- Restart the computer running Tableau Server.
CauseThis behavior is a known issue that has been corrected in more recent releases. After upgrading to Tableau Server 8.2.0, the tablicsrv service defaulted to Automatic (Delayed Start), which can cause processes to appear unlicensed or down.
Additional InformationRestarting Tableau Server would temporarily resolve the issue. After the computer running Tableau Server is restarted, the issue will reappear unless you perform the steps in the Resolution.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials