Random Values Added to Multiple Value Filter After Changing Different Filter
Published: 19 Oct 2017
Last Modified Date: 20 Oct 2017
IssueAfter clicking a specific fliter in a view published on Tableau Server, you notice that additional values are added to a different filter. Additionally, filter values are modified if you are using a context filter and if one of your filters is configured with the following options:
- The filter contains multiple values
- "Only Relevant Values" is selected
- "Select from list" chosen in the "General" tab of "Edit filter..."
- Tableau Server 10.2.1
- Multiple value filter
- Context filter
ResolutionTry one of the following workarounds:
- For the filter experiencing the additional values, select "Edit filter...", and change "Select from list" to "Use all".
- For the filter experiencing the additional values, change "Only Relevant Values" to "All Values in Context" or "All Values in Database".
- When selecting values in the filter experiencing additional values, de-select all values, then hit "Apply" before selecting any values to add to the filter.
CauseThis behavior is related to a known issue (ID: 701459) which is being investigated by our team.