Last Modified Date: 26 Jul 2017
- Tableau Server
- Tableau Online
If no users can see the filters or parameter controls:In Tableau Desktop, add the filter(s) and parameter control(s) to the desired sheet(s) used on the dashboard.
If that does not work, check any parameter controls or user filters not rendering in Tableau Desktop. Looking for settings that do not make sense, like a parameter control set to allow "All" values that does not have "Type In" set. If you see anything, change the settings of the control or filter and republish.
If some users can see the filters or parameter controls, and others cannot:For the user(s) who are unable to view filters, do the following as a Tableau Server administrator:
- Set the user's Site Role to Interactor. For more information, see Setting Permissions in Tableau Help.
- Verify permissions for this user on project, and the view itself. The Filter permission must be set to Allow. For more information, see Check Current Permissions in Tableau Help.
- Assign permission to contents at the project level.
- Sign in to Tableau Server as an administrator, and then navigate to Admin > Projects.
- Select the check box next to the appropriate project, and then click Permissions.
- Click Assign Permissions to Contents. When finished, click Exit.
- The filter on the dashboard is considered invalid because it is not associated with any sheets.
- The parameter control or filter is in an invalid state, and needs to be set to a valid state to render appropriately.
- Some users do not have appropriate permissions to see the filter.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials