Last Modified Date: 13 Feb 2017
- Tableau Server
- Tableau Online
If no users can see the filters:In Tableau Desktop, add the filter(s) to the desired sheet(s) used on the dashboard.
If some users can see the filters, and others cannot:For the user(s) who are unable to view filters, do the following as a Tableau Server administrator:
- Set the user's Site Role to Interactor. For more information, see Setting Permissions in Tableau Help.
- Verify permissions for this user on project, and the view itself. The Filter permissions must be set to Allow. For more information, see Check Current Permissions in Tableau Help.
- Assign permission to contents at the project level.
- Sign in to Tableau Server as an administrator, and then navigate to Admin > Projects.
- Select the check box next to the appropriate project, and then click Permissions.
- Click Assign Permissions to Contents. When finished, click Exit.
- The filter on the dashboard is considered invalid because it is not associated with any sheets
- Some users do not have appropriate permissions to see the filter
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials