Last Modified Date: 01 Mar 2017
EnvironmentTableau Online 10.0.0
ResolutionUse one of the following workaround options.
Extract the data connection before publishing the workbook to Tableau Online. See Extract Your Data for additional information.
Apply the filter selections only to the selected worksheet.
- Open the workbook in Tableau Desktop.
- Select the quick filter menu, go to Apply to Worksheets and select Only This Worksheet.
Republish the workbook with the All option selected in the quick filter.
Additional InformationThe issue only appears to occur when the following are true:
- All Using This Data Source is selected under the Apply to Worksheets filter setting.
- The workbook is published using a live connection to the data source, which cannot be reached by Tableau Online, thus Tableau Desktop automatically generates an extract.
- A value other than All is selected in the quick filter during publishing.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials