Last Modified Date: 24 Aug 2015
- Tableau Desktop 8.0 and later versions
- Tableau Server 8.0 and later versions
- Tableau Online
- Google Analytics
ResolutionPublish the Data Source with Embedded Password enabled.
- Open the workbook in Tableau Desktop.
- In the Data pane, right-click the Google Analytics extract, and then select Publish to Server.
- Enter Tableau Server or Tableau Online credentials.
- Select Embedded Password for Authentication, and then click Publish.
CauseGoogle Analytics connections cannot exist without a password and will need to have credentials embedded in order for Tableau Server or Tableau Online to communicate with Google Analytics to retrieve new data.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials