Last Modified Date: 30 Nov 2017
- Tableau Online
- Published data source
- Tableau Bridge (formerly Sync Client)
ResolutionEnsure that the workbook is connected to a published extract of the data source and not a local extract.
- Connect to published version of the extract (Data > New Data Source > Tableau Server (enter online.tableau.com) > Choose published version of extract)
- Right click the data source name and choose "Replace Data Source" - Replace local version with published version.
- Blue check mark indicating primary data source should move to the published (white square icon.)
- Right click local data extract and "close."
- Republish workbook to Tableau Online overwriting the previous version.
CauseWorkbook is connected to a local extract of the data source and not the published extract that is refreshed with Tableau Bridge (Sync Client).
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials