Last Modified Date: 22 Jul 2016
To resolve this issue, try the following tasks in the order listed below.
- Verify that the date and time on the system clock is accurate.
- Start the FLEXnet Licensing Service and verify tablicsrv is running at all times on the Tableau Server machine.
- Click the Start button, and then select All Programs > Accessories > Run.
- Type services.msc, and click OK.
- Select FLEXnet Licensing Service, right-click, and select Restart.
- Force the license information to be re-read.
- Log into Tableau Sever machine as a local administrator.
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Change directories to the "bin" folder in the Tableau Server directory.
- Type the following commands:
- Click the Start button, and then select All Programs > Tableau Server > Manage Product Keys.
To understand the root cause of your issue, refer to the step number that resolved your issue.
- If the system clock is set to a date earlier than the product key's start date, Tableau Server cannot be activated.
- FLEXnet Licensing Service is not running.
- Licensing information is not being read correctly from trusted storage.
Additional InformationTableau recommends restarting Tableau Server activating new or refreshing product keys.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials