Upgrade to Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server 9.0 or later. For more information, see Upgrading Tableau Desktop and Upgrading Tableau Server.
Use the following workaround to extract data when data blending:
- Right-click on the Published Secondary Data Source and select Create Local Copy.
- Right-click on the local copy of the Published Secondary Data Source and select Extract Data.
- Select Extract.
- Select Data > Replace Data Source.
- In the Current: drop-down menu, select the published data source.
- In the Replacement: drop-down menu, select the new extracted data source.
- Click OK.
Create a live connection to the data source from which the published data source was extracted.