Last Modified Date: 12 Dec 2017
- Tableau Desktop
- Amazon Redshift
- Live connection
Use an extract. For more information, see Extract Your Data.
Use a calculation with the DATEADD() function to account for the time zone offset.
Example 1:To convert UTC to PST (Pacific Standard Time), the formula:
DATEADD('hour', -8, NOW())
Note: During daylight savings time the time difference between UTC and PDT will be -7 hours.
To convert UTC to PST (Pacific Standard Time) for a relative date filter:
- Remove the date filter from the Filters shelf
- Select Analysis > Create Calculated Field
- In the Calculated Field dialog box that opens, do the following, and then click OK:
- Name the calculated field. In this example, the calculated field is named "Last 3 Days Filter"
- In the formula field, create a calculation similar to the following:
[Date Field] >= DATEADD('day', -3, DATEADD( 'hour', -8, TODAY() ) )
- Drag [Last 3 Days Filter] to the Filter shelf.
- In the Filter dialog, check True and click OK.