Last Modified Date: 29 Jun 2017
- Tableau Online
- Tableau Server
ResolutionFollow the steps below to ensure to refresh the data without having to recreate the metadata (Groups, Calculated fields, Folders etc).
- Connect to the published workbook from Tableau Desktop by clicking Server > Open Workbook.
- Create a local copy of one of the affected published extracts.
- Remove the extract filters or data source filters, if any.
- Recreate the extract from the live connection.
- Verify the data pane contains the desired metadata including the new values (Groups, Calculated fields, etc).
- Publish the extract under the same published data source (overwrite).
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 until all data sources are up to date.
- Quit Tableau Desktop without saving the workbook.
- Verify the published workbook (unmodified) is showing the new values on Tableau Server Web-UI.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials