Last Modified Date: 25 Aug 2014
- Tableau Server
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Sign in to the computer running Tableau Server using the Run As User account.
- In Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet options.
- On the Security tab, click Trusted Sites, and then click Sites.
- In the Websites field, add the SharePoint site referenced by Microsoft Access in the linked tables, and then click Close.
- On the Security tab, click Custom Level.
- In the Security Settings - Trusted Sites Zone dialog box, under User Authentication > Logon, select Automatic logon only in Intranet zone, and then click OK.
- On the Security tab, for Trusted sites, set the security level for this zone to Low, and then click OK.
- To verify connectivity, open Internet Explorer on the computer running Tableau Server (still signed in as the Run As User), and then navigate to the SharePoint URL. You should not be prompted for credentials.
- Republish the workbook. For more information, see Publishing Workbooks in Tableau Help.
CauseMicrosoft Access uses the Internet Explorer trusted sites settings. The SharePoint site referenced by Microsoft Access linked tables is not set as a trusted site for the Run As User account.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials