Maps Do Not Display or Errors Received When Viewing Maps in Tableau Desktop
Published: 25 Oct 2016
Last Modified Date: 13 Nov 2017
IssueWhen trying to view maps in Tableau Desktop, the map does not display, renders incompletely, or one of the following errors occurs:
- Online map could not be loaded
- Tableau has stopped responding
- Permission denied when retrieving map. Your firewall or proxy server is likely preventing Tableau from accessing maps.tableausoftware.com.
- Ensure that any proxy, firewall and antivirus on your computer allows access to maps.tableausoftware.com and port 443. For more information, see Internet Access Requirements.
- Ensure that pass-through authentication is not in use.
- If the issue occurred directly after installing or upgrading, uninstall Tableau Desktop and reinstall while logged in as an administrator. For more information, see Download and Install Tableau Desktop.
- Remove any custom geocoding in use. For more information, see Custom Geocoding.
- Clear saved server sign-ins
- Access Help > Settings and Performance > Clear saved server sign-ins.
- On the computer running Tableau Desktop, go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Credential Manager
- In Credential for automatic logon, remove Tableau Credential.
CauseTableau Desktop was unable to communicate with the internet to access online maps, or custom geocoding was overriding Tableau's built-in geocoding.